One of Hollywood’s most talented stars, Marilyn Monroe began her career as a model and quickly went on to become one of the most commercially successful actress’ of the 1950s.
Though she was heralded as a sex symbol more than a style icon, she was still a major trendsetter. Bold red lipstick, she never left the house without a pair of high heels, perfectly coiffed locks and winged eyeliner. Maybe it was those luscious blonde locks or that infamous smile that made the world fall in love with her. But one thing is for sure, Monroe left a lasting impression.
Style is just as much about attitude as it is about what you’re wearing. Monroe’s iconic style plays loud on our playlist! Let’s press replay and see what she inspired us to wear.
1. Crop tops: daring sexy & playful, always in fashion.
Here are a few of Closet Whore’s crop tops that pop! Check out more @ Closet-Whore.com
2. There’s nothing a punch of red lipstick can’t fix.
3. Laugh your way to the top, happiness is a magnanimous accessory.
4. Dance the night away in a classic black leotard number.
5. When in doubt, go for high-waisted bottoms.
Our fun twist on high waisted bottoms, stand out with our aztec light denim shorts or tasty gum drop black jean shorts!
6. Bikinis crave metal hardware. Gold hoops, yes please.
7. Heels are a girls best friends.
8. Baseball diva, play sports in style.
9. Flying should be seen as an opportunity to dress up, not dress down.
10. Forget the LBD, it’s all about the LWD!
Miranda Kerr wearing a Marilyn Monroe’s inspired LWD.
Sarah is wearing our Marilyn Monroe Dress, dazzling open backed halter with a slit in the front, and gorgeous draping chiffon on the bottom!
Check out more MM inspired looks here & shop @ Closet-Whore.com
White is the new black!
Similar timeless sex idol Monroe inspired looks! Sex it up! Try on our criss cross front cleavage detail, innocent yet seductive number!
Shop @ Closet-Whore.com Use promo code: SAVE for 15% off during our first launch month of August! FREE SHIPPING ~ ALWAYS!